Occupational Therapists are able to complete comprehensive assessments of the home, school or work environment, to provide advice on modifications to increase safety, independence and function in everyday activities. This process can include site visits, liaison with builders, preparation of reports and plans, submission to funding bodies and monitoring of the modification process.
Facilitate OT are able to complete home modification applications for various funding programs, including Complex Home Modifications for NDIS and DVA.
We provide environmental assessments and modification prescriptions across a wide region; our Occupational Therapists visit the Northern suburbs of Wollongong, Kiama, Nowra and the Shoalhaven, the South Coast and the Southern Highlands.
Common modifications include:
- Rails and grab bars to access points, stairs and bathrooms
- Hand held shower hose in shower recess
- Removal of shower screens and hobbs
- Lever taps
- Wheelchair accessible bathroom and kitchen design
- Ramps and wedge ramps
- Step platforms and modifications
- Non-slip treatments