National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provides support to people with a permanent disability to achieve their goals towards increasing independence and participation. Supports may include care services, therapies, prescription of home modifications and assistive technology (adaptive aids and equipment), transport, social support and assistance to access employment.
The NDIS is being progressively rolled-out across Australia, and commenced in the Illawarra and South Coast Region in July 2017.
Facilitate Occupational Therapy Services have worked hard to learn to navigate the new NDIS system as efficiently as possible. We work closely with our clients to assist them with transitioning to the NDIS system, and with understanding their NDIS Plan.
OT services available to participants under the NDIS include:
- Therapy sessions in the clinic or home towards increasing function and participation
- Intervention and retraining to help achieve your goals, within home, work and community environments
- Prescription of assistive technology, including simple and complex adaptive aids and equipment, such as bathroom equipment, mobility aids, wheelchairs and seating systems
- Prescription of simple and complex home modifications, such as grab rails, access ramps and bathroom modifications
- Driving assessments and training, and prescription of vehicle modifications
For those yet to access the NDIS system, we have developed resources and are able to meet with clients to assist with preparations for Planning Meetings. Please feel free to make contact with us if we can be of assistance.
You can download the NDIS workbook with our Planning Supplement by clicking here: NDIS Planning Workbook with FOT supplement.