Driving Assessment & Retraining
Driving is an important part of most people’s lives and is often considered to be key to independence. An injury or illness can have a huge impact on your ability to drive and potentially then on your independence, participation and self-confidence.
Carla has now become certified with the RMS in Driving Assessment and Retraining. Facilitate OT Services are excited to now offer driving assessments, retraining and vehicle modification prescription for people across the Illawarra and Shoalhaven. She is able to provide these services for clients under various funding programs, including NDIS and DVA.
These services may be appropriate for:
• New drivers with a physical, intellectual or psychological disability
• Drivers returning to driving following a physical injury, neurological event or disability
• Clients with age related changes or degenerative conditions requiring assessment of their fitness to drive (as per RMS standards)
The Assessment process requires:
1. Medical clearance
2. Off-Road Assessment
3. On-Road Assessment with a Driving Instructor
4. Report outlining the outcome of assessment, further recommendations, endorsements and restrictions.
Please call us on 1300 855 513 to find out more.
You can also download our info brochures here: